Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Animal Testing pt.2

Hello again :)

After my last blog entry, I've made a little list of at least some brands I've found to be cruelty-free. It's an overview of what brands produce what sort of products.

Make-up: H&M, MAC Cosmetics, I.d. bare minerals, Isadora, Glominerals, GOSH, Bare Escentuals, Hello Kitty, Almay, Bobbi Brown, Clarins, Clinique Laboratories, Estée Lauder, Revlon, Urban Decay, Yves Rocher


Hair care: Amazonia Preciosa, Aveda, Bumble and Bumble, Burt's Bees, Goldwell, got2b, KMS, Lush


Dental Care: Aquafresh, Darphin, Sensodyne


Perfume: Aramis, Clarins, Revlon, Tommy Hilfiger, Victoria's Secret, Yves Rocher


Skin care & Body Care: Aveda, Amazonia Preciosa, Bioelements, Burt's Bees, Clarins, Clinique Laboratories, Darphin, Decléor, Dermalogica, Estée Lauder, Lactacyd, Lush, Mary Kay, MD Formulations, Revlon, Yves Rocher


Detergents & Household: Ecover, Mrs.Meyers (US)


The Body Shop is originally on this list too. Ironically, they're so strongly against animal testing, but are now owned by L'oreal, which is a huge "bad guy" D: So, buying from The Body Shop, even though they do not accept animal testing, means the money goes straight to L'oreal. This really sucks, because I've always loved The Body Shop..lol ; w ;


A lot of these brands are pretty common and can be found many places, so just think about it; shopping cruelty-free is pretty easy if you're a little more observant with what you buy :) These products are from the list at the Norwegian site about animal testing, Dyretesting.no which is the one I trust the most, but there are most likely more cruelty-free products outside of Norway, so these are just some.


Also, I just want to state that I did not shed light on animal testing for medicinal purposes, because it is considered necessary for human health and welfare. I don't like it, but..you know..that's just me. After all, I use medicines too when I get sick o A o But I'm sort of hoping for better solutions for such testing too...

Animal testing for cosmetic purposes is, like I said earlier, just unnecessary and cruel. And when there actually are a lot of cruelty-free cosmetic alternatives, why not just choose them instead of products that have caused so much harm to animals..?


This is also a very good page for information; http://www.choosecrueltyfree.org.au/

That's where I found the information I pasted in my previous entry. I thought it would go through to more people if it was just there in my blog instead of linking to it, considering not everyone bothers to check links..lol.

It's Australian, so it's more understandable for english-speakers than the Norwegian page too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment